Western Community School District, Kinderhook, IL (August 2012 to Present)
- Provide art education instruction to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade.
- Incorporate strong drawing skills and methods from early elementary classes through the advanced high school course.
- Focus on incorporating Charlotte Danielson effective teachings skills; as well as, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teachers by Stephen R. Covey.
- Design lessons to focus on the Illinois Common Core Standards.
- Design lessons that incorporate reading and writing throughout art lessons.
- Incorporate the history of art and the artists for students to understand the subject more thoroughly.
- Handle large classrooms of students and balance the different grade levels with patience, effective cooperation and communication.
Sacred-Heart Griffin High School, Springfield, IL (September 2009 to June 2011)
- Provided art education instruction to students 9th through 12th grade.
- Incorporated the six elements of art, art history, and art influenced projects into an Art I course.
- Incorporated all key factors from Art I into a more advanced approach for an Art II course.
- Incorporated art history, a variety of approached/methods, and a variety of tools to drawing in a Drawing course.
- Designed lessons to include the state standards, step by step guidelines, grading rubric and the objective for the lessons.
- Designed lessons to incorporated the elements of art, the methods taught, and the artists learned about.
- Volunteered for extracurricular activities (Mostaccioli Dinner and Fundraising event, Set and Lobby Design Director for the Spring Musicals, and Girls Kairos Retreat)
- Encouraged and entered students’ artwork in surrounding art shows.
West Prairie Middle School and Elementary School, Colchester, IL (March 2009 to May 2009)
- Provided art education instruction to students K-7th and 9th-12th grade.
- Incorporated more modern art techniques and introduced new unknown artists.
- Designed art lessons to enforce concepts learned in other subjects.
- Volunteered for extracurricular activities (Pennies for Patients, After school events (Art Club, Embellishment Parties), and involvement with the school Book Fair.
Jacksonville High School, Jacksonville, FL (March 2006 to March 2009)
Student Teacher’s Aide
- Helped with grading and organization.
- Provided knowledge and information during teacher’s absence.
- Was able to observe teacher methods and practices for three years.
Bachelor of Art in Art Education – Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL