Hunter College, New York, NY (April 2008 to Present)
- Teach and act as coordinator of the Library 100 program, a credit-baring research course open to graduate and undergraduate students.
- Teach bibliographic/information literacy courses for all disciplines, both graduate and undergraduate.
- Develop and maintain the libraries’ web site, mobile web site, and mobile app.
- Work with Instructional Design librarian to design, develop and provide web-based library instruction to college users.
- Maintain working knowledge of emerging technologies critical to the design and delivery of responsive library services.
- Provide reference service, information literacy instruction and outreach to faculty, staff and students.
- Conduct periodic assessment and usability testing of web site and web-based services to meet the changing needs of the Hunter College community.
- Manage, develop and maintain the libraries’ LibGuides, blog and texting tools.
- Act as a department subject liaison in several disciplines and work developing those collections.
- Partnered with the Outreach Librarian to provide outreach services and programming to students, staff and faculty.
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD (October 2006 to March 2008)
Reference & Digital Services Librarian
- Redesigned, usability tested and maintained the library web site.
- Worked with vendors on all electronic resources with an emphasis on databases.
- Provided reference service, information literacy instruction and outreach to faculty, staff and students.
- Taught bibliographic/information literacy courses for all disciplines, both graduate and undergraduate.
- Worked with Instructional Design librarian to design, develop and provide web-based and in-person library instruction to college users.
- Supervised student workers, including a student fellow who worked as a project assistant.
- Train staff and faculty librarians on new electronic resources and digital services.
- Acted as a department subject liaison in several disciplines and work developing those collections.
- Chaired the Marketing committee and headed outreach programs to promote the library’s collections and services.
New School Parsons Gimble Library, New York, NY (February 2006 to May 2006)
Library Assistant/Temporary Reference & Instruction
- Created catalog records for newly acquired print resources.
- Reconciled the accounts payables for the materials received and arranged for the payment of outstanding bills.
- Worked with vendors to follow through on materials being ordered and received.
- Provided reference service to faculty, staff and students.
New School Parsons Gimble Library, New York, NY (July 2005 to May 2006)
- Provided reference services to students, staff and faculty.
- Taught bibliographic instruction courses to undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Worked in collection development, mainly weeding, project work tracking circulation statistics on resources and suggesting resources to add to the collection in accordance with the collection development policy.
- Curated an art show highlighting areas of the collection that were underused and was under development.
- Wrote course-specific and library-wide pathfinders and bibliographies.
University of Minnesota Department of English, Minneapolis, MN (May 2001 to October 2004)
Program Coordinator/Information Specialist
- Designed “Instructor Web”, a website to communicate all information essential to all faculty, and all graduate teaching and adjunct instructors.
- Designed the English Undergraduate Studies website that services information needs for all undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and staff.
- Assisted the main English Department and Graduate Studies redesign teams with their website scope definitions.
- Implemented new systems to facilitate payroll and purchasing processing and reporting.
- Successfully created new, more efficient processes for the curriculum planning coordination of all English Department courses.
American Express Communications Department, Minneapolis, MN (June 1999 to May 2001)
Electronic Distribution Coordinator
- Redesigned “American Express Connection”, the employee intranet site, in to a dynamic, user-friendly information center for more than 8000 American Express home office employees.
- Developed communications and designed templates that appear on the “American Express Advisor Connect”, intranet site for over 10000 American Express financial advisors.
- Developed and administered databases to link to the Corporate Communications intranet site, prioritizing information for employees while determining most effective language and communication tool.
Master of Library and Information Science – Pratt Institute, New York, NY
Master of Fine Arts – Hamline University, Saint Paul, MN
Bachelor of Arts in English – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN