I.T. Montgomery Elementary, Mound Bayou, MS (September 2010 to May 2013)
- Prepared and presented displays of student work.
- Assisted class teachers by maintaining student records.
- Provided support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
- Provided instructional support for classroom teachers, allowing teachers more time for lesson planning and teaching.
- Supervised students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, and hallways, and on field trips.
- Welcome parents and their young children, answered questions, and interacted with the public.
Myrtle Hall, Clarksdale, MS (September 2008 to May 2010)
- Assisted in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the individual’s head teacher.
- Assisted in the implementation of individual education programs for students and help monitor their progress
- Developed instructional intervention strategies
- Supported students with emotional and behavioral problems to help develop their social skills
- Processed monthly, weekly, and daily reports
- Prepared lesson plans for the week to show the different strategies used for the students, making sure that they are on task for the benchmarks for that giving week, month, or semester.
America Reads Mississippi, Jackson, MS (August 2006 to July 2008)
- Tutored students in reading within small groups or individual settings before, during, and after school.
- Monitored and managed students behavior in the classroom.
- helped lead teacher by modeling high expectations for students and implementing results focused programs.
- Helping to increase parents involvement.
- Recruited JCCC members (Junior Citizenship Corps Club).
- Kept current with internal communications, timesheets, and schedule.
- Supported students and encourage them to participate in extra- curricular activities.
- Dispensed equipment and supplies.
MA in Early Childhood Education – Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ